This is your chance! The AQHYA National Racing Experience provides a firsthand opportunity for youth to dive into the American Quarter Horse racing industry.
DEADLINE Sept. 1st, 2023.
Press Release Copy and Photo Courtesy: AQHYA
The AQHYA National Racing Experience is held in conjunction with the AQHA Bank of America Challenge Championship each year.
The 2023 AQHYA Racing Experience will be held October 19-22 at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
- Youth must be 16 years old at the time of the national event to apply.
- Applicants must also complete the online Racing Skillathon Contest, and their results will count toward their cumulative total in the program.
- Five participants will be chosen to receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the Bank of America Challenge Championships.
- All applicants must be members of AQHYA.
Click the link below to view more details and apply!
Here are five reasons to apply:
- It Might Change Your Life: If you are interested in a career in the equine industry, these few days might completely change the course of your life. Many AQHYA members who have attended the Youth Racing Experience went to work in the industry as a direct result of the doors that were opened during their experience, allowing them to pursue the careers they dreamed about.
- You’re the VIP: This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to walk straight through doors that are carefully guarded. You’ll get to meet professional horsemen and -women in the industry, work with equine athletes performing at the highest caliber, and set foot on one of the best racetracks.
- Experience Racing: Even if you are not familiar with the racing industry, you’ll have the opportunity to dive into the sport – experiencing the sunrise lighting up a shedrow, the rhythm of hoofbeats and snorts during morning training, and the ground rumbling under your feet as a field of horses flash past you to the finish line. Learn and Earn: The racing industry is one of the largest in the horse world. If you’ve only seen it on television or heard about it on social media, this is your chance to really learn about it. You’ll get both the horsemen’s perspective – how the horses are cared for, how they are trained, and the whys of racing – as well as the business standpoint – how the races are conducted to provide a safe, fair environment that is beneficial for everyone. Plus, there are scholarships available to participants, and you’ve also got a good chance of taking home a check that will help you get through college.
- New Friends: You’ll be sharing this experience with a select team of youth from around the country. Remarkable memories are to be made, along with lifelong friends.